- When you google the company, make sure you spell the name right.
- Assume the reader of your cover letter is well aware of what the company does?
- Don't tell me that my company is a world leader, world famous, etc. It really does not impress me!
- If English is not your native tongue, find someone who can proof read it.
- Show me that you actually read the job posting, but don't regurgitate it almost verbatim in your cover letter.
- If you don't meet the criteria specified in the posting and you still feel you have to apply, at least justify why I should make an exception.